Monday, May 17, 2010

The Secrets of a Multi-Millionaire Property Investor Seminar

Last Saturday, 15 May 2010, I had a chance to attend a 3 hour seminar by Milan Doshi. Requirements to attend the seminar is just by buying his books, RM48 for his first book or RM68 for his second book. With that purchase, you will be given two free tickets to attend the seminar. But since I already have both books, I opt to have his DVD instead. The seminar was held at D'Rapport in Ampang, just behind Gleneagles Hospital and next to the Korean Embassy.

First, a bit about D'Rapport. I was really surprised about the existence of this project since I have been working in Great Eastern Mall, just opposite Gleneagles Hospital for 6 years and I was not aware about this project. I think this is a pretty ambitious project. Not to sure who's the developer but it's a joint venture by a Korean architecture firm and a Malaysian developer to construct 900 units of condos in that area. Starting price is about RM1.5 million. When I went through the brochure, the project is supposed to be ready by December 2010. However, at the site, there is only its sales office with a small hall where the seminar was held. Advertising has started since 2007 and works are quite minimal to be seen. I noticed that the financier for this project is some Sabah Development Bank. Heard of it? Next to its site is the Risda quarters built many years ago. What I heard was the building have yet to obtain CF since the building is tilting. With that I think its pretty much clear where this project is heading right? Well, the reason why the event was held there is free food and hall.

To be honest, I was not expecting too much from this seminar though after the frustration of Peter Yee's free seminar. But to my surprise, Milan actually gave a good short seminar with lots of point. Of course he did promote his actual seminar but that is only for the last 15 minutes. The first 10 minutes was allocated for D'Rapport to show off their promotional video. After that, the seminar started.

In his seminar, he shared about investment mistakes that people do. And he is very much against unit trust investments. Well, I guess the reasons are pretty obvious though. High service charges, annual management fees etc. What I like about this seminar is that he actually make everything looks simple and lots are based on common sense.

His simple solution to retirement is "Choose to never work again within the next 5 years by having RM3 million in property loans". That might sound scary to some. With knowledge that I currently have, I don't have any clue as how to achieve that. That's really a mind opener. The purpose of the seminar is to share on "what" and not "how". So in order to know the "how", I will need to attend the real seminar.

I like his idea of investing in combination of the stock market and property. He claim that investing in the stock market is just by using common sense and not too much on technical analysis that we always see in newspapers. One of his stock market investment strategy is the art of crisis investing. That chapter is even included in his first book. It's really mind boggling how easy he make share investment look like.

He shares a lot and show proofs on how much his net worth is and how much money he had made in the stock markets. To me, that speaks volume on what he knows. At the end of the day, of course the short seminar is inadequate to know everything. I have to admit that his 3 days seminar is very costly. But once you realized that you need to pay for good advice and for your self improvement, you will be willing to depart with your hard earned money. I think I began to realize where I'm heading to now.

2 comments:

orange saw said...

Do you attend his 3 days cost at last? I met him up last month, I agreed with what you wrote. It is simple and open minded which suitable to me but the cost of his seminar is expensive.

gerbert said...

yup.. i did attend his seminar. its worthwhile

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails